Current development is focused on the next major version, which combines the FPGA, gigabit ethernet and AD9866 on a single board. Hermes-Lite 2beta2 prototype printed circuit boards have been manufactured and are currently being built and tested. The Hermes-Lite 2beta2 not intended for general distribution as it is a complex and tedious build with several known bugs. Unless you enjoy helping with a beta project, please do not fabricate or purchase any printed circuit boards labeled Hermes-Lite 2beta2. Instead, wait for a production build hopefully available in the summer of 2017.
Approximately 100 Hermes-Lite 1.x units have been built by experimenters around the world since 2014. This version requires a companion BeMicro SDK,CV or CVA9 FPGA card which has become difficult to find. See pictures of Hermes-Lite 1.x builds in our gallery.
- Google Groups for discussion
- Wiki for documentation
- Tindie to purchase bare board sets and kits
- GitHub for all open source hardware, software and firmware
- Build Gallery to see Hermes-Lite 1.x builds
- Hermes-Lite 1.x Files
- Basic RF Front End
- Version 1.42 Front End (Recommended)
- GitHub Issues to track all bugs, feature requests and planning
Several other efforts have enhanced, extended or tested the Hermes-Lite.